Friday 15 August 2008

Stunt Midget

Having wasted an evening looking for inspiration for a new, insightful blog post that could be considered as a serious piece of wrestling journalism, I've decided to just post one of the greatest wrestling videos to appear on YouTube.

Originally found at WrestlingGoneWrong.com, I've linked it from YouTube for the sake of practicality.



I don't know where to start with this.

I absolutely love this video. From the second I first watched it, to the millionth time I've just re-watched it. Everything about it is great. There is so much in it that I love so much. The way he flips, the fact that he's a dwarf, the extreme force with which he's hit, the fact that he's in a tiny (and most likely custom made) ape suit, and the way the Chuckle Brothers do a "To me, to you" on him at the end of the clip.

I absolutely LOVE this clip though, for the sole reason that it has relieved anger that has been pent up in me for about 6 years. Anger I didn't even know that I had.

If you've been online since the days of 56k, you'll most likely be aware of this guy...

BonziBuddy.

Bonzi was a piece of software that was so irritating, that once you had downloaded it, you realized that pissing sand was probably a better hobby than browsing the internet.

Search for him on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

He served no purpose other than irritating you, and slowing your computer down. And when your 56k connection was hardly ever at full speed before downloading this memory-hogging simian bastard, you see the kinds of problems he would cause to your online activities.

The relief and massive sense of catharsis that I felt when watching that video was unbelievable. I was happy to see the little monkeyman fly, but I knew that I was even happier on a deeper level for some unknown reason.

BonziBuddy, eat the dirt.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: