Wednesday 21 November 2007

Saved

At last, it has happened. Since I first speculated over two months ago, Chris Jericho made his return to the WWE.

Over those two months, I've been saying how "imminent" his return was. Such is the power of Jericho that he can make me mark out without even being on TV for several years.

Such was my anticipation for his return that it was impossible to not have a shiver and feel the hairs on my arms stand on end when the countdown to his entrance began.

From the second he opened his mouth, I was saying his catchphrases along with him just like I did when I was 10 years old. Wrestlers have come and gone in that time, so has my interest in wrestling in general. But now with the very wrestler whose t-shirt was the first wrestling shirt I ever owned back on TV, things have gotten good.

1 comment:

Toby said...

So like, what's the appeal of wrestling? Just out of interest, is it the moves or the storyline...much like my love of Neighbours. Cos it's a bit like a soap but with fighting bits?